Omoni Oboli Biography:
Omoni Oboli is a multi talented actress, writer, director, producer, and digital filmmaker from Nigeria. In addition to her studies at the New York Film Academy, she is the author of various screenplays, such as The Figurine (2009), Anchor Baby (2010), Fatal Imagination, Being Mrs. Elliott, The First Lady, and Wives on Strike (2016). 2018 saw her lead the cast and direct the comedy Moms at War. She was born and raised in Edo State.
|Real Name||Omoni Oboli|
|Date Of Birth||April 22, 1978|
|Age||44 Years Old|
|Profession||Actress, Scriptwriter, Director|
|State of Origin||Delta State|
|Net Worth||$1.6 million|
Early Life & Education:
Omoni Oboli Biography is incomplete without her Early Life and Education. Read more about her Early Life and Education below.
She was born in the city of Benin, in Edo State. Her origin can be traced back to the Delta State, Nigerian town of Mosogar.
She obtained the necessary certificates after finishing primary and secondary school in Benin City, Edo State.
Omoni Oboli applied to and was accepted to the highly competitive University of Benin, Edo State, where she eventually earned a bachelor’s degree in French.
After Omoni Oboli earned her Degree, she continued her study with a 4-week course in digital editing at the New York Film Academy.
Nnamdi Oboli, an author, movie producer, life coach, and Optometrist from Nigeria, is married to the talented and beautiful Omoni Oboli.
They tied the knot in the year 2000.
Gozi Oboli, Chizi Oboli and Tobe Oboli are their Children.
Omoni Oboli Career:
Omoni’s acting career started with a role as a secretary in the 1996 film Bitter Encounter. Shame was the title of her next film.
She then went on to star as the female lead in three critically acclaimed films, including: Another Campus Tale, Destined to Die, and Not My Will.
After a brief stint in the film industry, Omoni decided to return to school in 1996 to earn her bachelor’s degree.
After finishing college, she promptly got married and didn’t return to work in the field for ten years.
In 2009, when she attempted a comeback to the movie industry, she found that she no longer had a room in the industry. After that, she decided to start making movies on her own.
Omoni Oboli has written the screenplays for several movies, including Wives On Strike and The Rivals, which she co-produced with a friend and won the Best International Drama Award for at the New York International Independent Film & Video Festival.
It marked the first world premiere of a Nigerian film at the festival since its inception in 2003. The festival’s judges ranked the picture as a 3 out of 4.
Omoni Oboli has starred in a number of successful films, such as The Figurine, Anchor Baby, Being Mrs. Elliot, and Fifty.
The estimated net worth of Omoni Oboli, a well-known Nigerian actress, film producer, and screenwriter, is $1.5 million.
Awards and Honors:
- Best Actress at the Harlem International Film Festival and Best Actress at the Los Angeles Movie Awards were both given to her in 2010.
- She also made history by becoming the first actress from Nollywood to win Best Actress at two international film festivals that were neither held in Africa nor Nigeria (2010).
- At the 2011 Africa Movie Academy Awards, Omoni was nominated for Best Actress in a Leading Role.
- At the 2014 ELOY Awards, she was honored as Big Screen Actress of the Year for her performance in the film Being Mrs. Elliot.
- In addition to directing various films, including Being Mrs. Elliott, The First Lady, Wives on Strike, and Okafor’s Law, Omoni was named Sun Nollywood’s “Personality of the Year” in 2015.
- Omoni Oboli posted on Instagram on August 14 to reveal her new role as LandWey Investment Limited Brand Ambassador, working with LandWey CEO Olawale Ayilara.
Omoni Oboli founded the charitable organization “The Omoni Oboli Foundation” to use her fame for the benefit of disadvantaged women and children in Nigeria.
The foundation has funded several new programs, including one to provide food for homeless children in Lagos.
You can connect with her on her social media handles below:
If you have any additional information about The Omoni Oboli Biography, you can reach out to us using the comment section below, or you can contact us using our email address on the contact us page.